Important information about us
Licence Status and Conditions
Smart Life Financial Services Limited (FSP725151, trading as Smart Life Insurance) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and the scope of the financial advice given
Smart Life Financial Services Ltd provides advice to our clients about their life insurance, health insurance & Kiwi Saver. We are able to provide financial advice from the following product providers:
We only provide financial advice about products from the following providers:
- For Life & disability insurances: we work with the following companies — AIA, Asteron Life, Partners Life, Fidelity Life & Cigna.
- For health insurances: we work with the following providers — nib, Partners Life, AIA and Accuro.
- For Kiwi Saver information and application assistance only: we work with only one Provider – NZ Funds.
We do not provide advice on KiwiSaver or Investments.
Any financial advice we provide will take into account the information you have given us about your particular needs, financial situation or goals.
We do not give advice on life investment products including whole of life, endowment, unit linked insurance and insurance bonds.
Smart Life Financial Services Limited and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
No fees, expenses or other amounts payable for our financial advice.
Most of the time, our services are completely free. That’s because instead of being paid by you, we receive revenue from our product suppliers like the fund managers and insurers.
How we get paid
Smart Life Insurance and our financial advisers receive commissions from the providers on whose products we give financial advice (insurers and KiwiSaver providers). If you decide to take out insurance or to take our KiwiSaver advice, the provider will pay a commission to Smart Life Insurance and to your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium, or the KiwiSaver balance.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers or other incentives.
How we manage any conflict of interest and incentives
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances.
All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
We also undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
Internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of the financial advice you have received from us, you may contact us using any of the following means: by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling: 021666275, 07 9494116. You can also write to us at: PO BOX—14124, Five Cross Roads, Hamilton 3252.
Our Complaint Handling Process
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
- If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Disputes Resolution Service.
Dispute Resolution Process
If our internal complaints process does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our external independent dispute resolution scheme. This service is free and may help investigate or resolve the complaint.
We are a member of the Financial Disputes Resolution Service’s approved dispute resolution scheme. You can contact the Financial Dispute Resolution Service by emailing email@example.com, or by calling: 0508 337337. You can also write to them at: Freepost 231075,
PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140.
Smart Life Financial Services Limited (FSP725151, T/A Smart Life Insurance)
You can contact us at:
Physical Address: 1 Waikai Close, Ruakura
Postal Address: PO BOX- 14124, Five Cross Roads, Hamilton 3252.
Phone: 07 9494116
Call 021 666 275 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org